Thursday, April 4, 2013

Teaching English to Spanish speakers


When I cannot express my thoughts and feelings in Spanish, I will post here in English. I began this blog when Elder Babcock and I were a missionaries in the Puerto Rico San Juan East Mission teaching the Gospel in English on the islands of the Caribbean.  I want to retain the ability to preach and teach in English.

One of my goals is to develop a curriculum for English speaking missionaries to use to teach English to Spanish speaking elders and hermanas and to our spanish speaking members and their neighbors and friends.  It is hard to prepare English lessons in Spanish, so I may use this blog as a way to prepare and distribute the curriculum.

I am convinced that missionaries can improve their ability to speak Spanish by teaching English to their companions.  The missionaries end up helping each other and the end result is magnified.

No comments:

Post a Comment